Wednesday 4 March 2015

Pre-Assessment Practice


Now I had both my hair and make up designs completed, I wanted to practise the entire look on my model before my assessment to make sure i was completely comfortable with it and to ensure that i fit within the commercial timings. 

 My two final designs:


So a few days before the assessment I got in to the studio with my partner Aine to practice the whole look. I needed to be wary that I had 2 hours which included prepping, completing the look, photographing, having it checked by the assessor and packing away my station suitably. So all in all, I would have 1 hour 30 minutes for actual practical work. I found from previous rehearsals that my hairstyling only took roughly 40 minutes to complete, although my make up design is somewhat a bit more detailed and meticulous therefore would probably take a little longer.


Overall really pleased with the outcome and I think it represents whats on my hair and face chart rather well. I didn't have any dry shampoo with me at the time, so I wasnt able to complete that stage of the hair design but I will ensure that for the real thing I will have plenty of dry shampoo to complete the design. 

For the assessment I will need:
Hair: clips, hair grips, curling tongs, hairspray, dry shampoo, a tail comb, a backcomb brush, clear hair bands, a hair tye.

Make up: Foundation Palette, supra Colour palette, Illamasqua skinbase 01, Illamasqua translucent powder, Eyeshadow Palette, Black mascara & wands, Duo eyelash glue


No comments:

Post a Comment