Tuesday 17 March 2015

Miss Havisham for Continuity - Part 1

When it came to Assessment day, I prepared myself by gathering the items I had listed that were required in my make up and hair look. I also packed additional items I may need. 


On the day of the assessment once I had completed my look, I was fairly pleased with my performance as a make up artist. I felt i had acted professional and managed well under pressure. Although I did feel I could have managed my time a little better considering I was one of the last to shoot my final look, but I mostly put this down to nerves.  I felt looking at my model that the make up and hair matched my face charts well and another make up artist would be able to recreate the look if necessary. 

Looking at the photos taken of the assessment look Im a little disappointed that the camera didn't pick up as much shadowing on the face as I had intended. In hindsight, I should've have accounted more for the studio lighting. I did recognise this on the day though and take a number of pictures in dimmer lighting to enhance the contouring effect I had produced. as you can see, the picture directly above is a little too overexposed. The thing I wish i had done the most was deepen the contouring as I feel this would have furthered my idea of a self neglecting Miss Havisham. Im particularly pleased with the shadowing around the eyes and feel that my character really does look like she has tired, sore eyes as if she really hasn't slept in years and only circulated herself in stale air. 


No comments:

Post a Comment