Tuesday 5 May 2015

Mrs Laderman - Make up, Hair & Styling

From my character development you will know that my idea for Mrs alderman is fairly complicated and quite in depth.

For my Mrs Laderman I have a male model who is comfortable and has frequently dressed up in drag previously. 

I Have devised this mood board to represent some of my ideas and colour scheme for the characters look.
As you can see the mood board for the two characters Im creating are very contrasting and this is on purpose to create some kind of comparison within the audience. Mrs alderman's character is evil and this is conveyed quite clearly through her appearance, the audience will be able to identify this and see that her character isn't redeemable. Whereas Claudia's character appears innocent, yet tainted (due to manipulation), her indiscretions aren't her own fault therefore her character is redeemable to the audience. 



For the make up look, I tried to age the character slightly as my model is only 21 and the character I've devised is supposed to look around 30-40 as he is Claudia's elder and unconventional guardian. Ive featured a very prominent red lip, which is a feature I've included because I think it makes the whole look quite sinister. It also hails back to previous episodes in AHS: Asylum where the lipstick colour 'Ravish me Red' is worn by an evil nun known as Sister Mary Eunice, so I feel this is quite a good idea as it will intrigue an already existing audience of people who have already watched previous episodes. The brows are a bit more tamed and angled and the eyes are dark and smokey to further the connotation of evil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment