Tuesday 5 May 2015

Claudia - Final Images & Evaluation


Here are my two favourite images from the shoot with Alice, my model. I edited these images a little to darken them, and add an effect around the edge of the image to give them a darker feel that I feel fits in with the sinister nature of the programme and if these images were to be used in promotional material I feel they would intrigue and engage the target audience. 

For the shoot I decided to take the photos in a bedroom, near the door because I wanted to capture the idea that the character is a prisoner inside in her own home. I feel that the styling with the night gown also reinforces this idea that Claudia is a agrophobic - because she has no need to wear anything but her night clothes. I also think the night gown is a good choice because it is very reminiscent of the film Rosemary's baby, an iconic film of the 60s, which many of the target audience will have seen and will remember. So this effect means it will add further intrigue in to the character and appeal to the target audience.

I feel that my selection of model was good as Alice naturally has a very fresh, clean complexion which fits very well with this character and she is able to carry off a look of innocence tainted very well. 

\
 I particularly like the image above because I feel it really portrays Claudia's turmoil inside. 


Im very pleased with this image as well because I feel it really gives an idea of isolation, you can see she's sat quite tight up against the corner of the room. I also love the way she looks down the camera, I find her eyes very poignant in this image. Overall Im really pleased with the make up and wouldn't change anything there really. I think if Id have had the time to reshoot the images I would have done so in a studio - I just get the feeling that because they're taken in a bedroom they look a little amateur.

Overall Im quite pleased with this character, however there are a few things i would change about the styling overall. with the hair, I find the overall look is quite scraggly and doesn't look that professional in my opinion, I think if i were to do it again I would perfect the style a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment